Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hello......its me!

Hi. I'm Kelly.



Not much of introduction, I know.


You see, I've been here before. Started a blog. Wrote a few posts. Abandoned it. I don't think I had a real direction before.

So.....why am I back? Is it going to be different this time? Yeah, I think so. Do I have a direction? Yeah I think so. Is it going to be interesting to readers? Yeah, I hope so. Hope. Hope is a great word.

You see, I have 4 sons. Yes, I am blessed with four healthy, happy, rowdy, energetic, creative, loving.....I could go on, but I have 4 amazing little people in my life who happen to be all boys. I get a lot of looks from people when we are all out...mostly looks of pity, sometimes wonder and occasionally awe, but that's a post for another day. Today, is for you to get to know me a bit...and my family.

Me: I'm mostly a stay-at-home-mom, about to be <gasp> 39. I also have 2 small businesses on facebook, one is a sewing biz where I make kids clothes and cloth diapers and such- it's a lot of fun and is starting to bring in some extra money. The 2nd biz is for advertising other small businesses. I've been to college....several times.....I want to write a novel....I used to be an actress and hope to dabble a bit more in the future. I'm a horrible procrastinator and I hate to clean and I get a bit obsessed over whatever is new in my life.

My husband: Is an RN, is an awesome singer and likes to invent things.....he is currently working on (read: obsessed!) a motor that runs on magnets and solar panels- he can be quite brilliant! He also has 2 other kids a son who is 17 and a 22yr old daughter who has 2 kids of her own.

Boy4 is the baby...he just turned 1 and is taking his first steps this very week! He's a chunky, playful handful who is already defending himself against his brothers who like to love on him a bit too much at times.

Boy3 is 3- yrs old that is. Too smart for his own good- his grammie calls him "scary smart". Full of energy and laughter and did I mention energy? He eats like there is no tomorrow and says the funniest things.

Boy2 is my 6yr old dreamer....sometimes off in his own world, very smart and so creative. He has a bit of a speech problem and just started seeing a speech therapist for help in some of his pronunciations. He is also the most affectionate and expressive of the bunch.

Boy1 Very bright, very creative and a charmer to be sure! At 8 he's already had a couple girlfriends and i'm sure more are to come. He is full of emotion and he is why I am starting this blog, at least the incentive. He has trouble controlling his emotions, especially anger and frustration. He has trouble focusing on schoolwork. He is easily distracted. He has ADHD.

Its always been in the back of my mind that this could be the case and I always knew that I would not medicate. So we are exploring all the alternatives, and I thought others might like to follow our journey.

We are starting with diet and supplements. Friday we are saying goodbye to gluten, dairy and soy. We are adding omega-3's and a multi....with more to come after some more research. So, tomorrow we are going whole hog and  having a pizza and ice cream party to say farewell the right way!

So, welcome! I hope this is just the beginning and I hope you'll join us in many discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment